Guest Column – (August 29, 2012)
August 29, 2012
The Community Journal
The last time I wrote to you, the voters of Clermont County, I was a
Republican candidate for the office of 65th District State
Representative. That was the week before the primary election in March.
(Thank you so much for looking favorably upon my candidacy.) Since
then, I took down all the signs, took a deep breath, and began
preparing for the fall campaign. It will officially begin after Labor
Day. Early voting begins October 2nd. October 9th is the last day to
register to vote. The general election is November 6th.
Ohio’s 65th House District includes the cities of Milford and Loveland (inside Clermont County) and the townships of Union, Miami, Goshen, Stonelick, and Wayne.
I’m running for the office of State Representative so that I can continue to support and promote the conservative values of Clermont County in Columbus. My platform is very simple: Pro-Life, Pro-Gun, Limited Government, and Lower Taxes.
My MBA, with an emphasis in taxation, was earned at Xavier University. I also hold a CTP (Certified Treasury Professional), a school district treasurer’s license, and am a graduate of the Union Township Citizens’ Police Academy.
My 30 year career in the private sector is as follows:
- Manufacturing – GE (Evendale) and Ford (Batavia)
- Health Care Insurance – MetLife and Prudential
- Banking/Financial – Provident Bank, Fifth Third Bank, and Access Financial
- Charter Education – Treasurer at Hillcrest Training School
From 2004 until 2012, I held an elected political office called
Republican State Committeeman. I was a member of the governing body of
the Ohio Republican Party. I’ve also served as a precinct committeeman
for the Clermont County Republican Party since 1993. I write The Becker Report.
Most of my readers would agree that we need fiscal and social
pro-family Christian conservatives in government who are willing to
support and promote the conservative values of Clermont County.
My growing list of endorsements includes many pro-life and pro-family groups:
- Cincinnati Right to Life PAC
- Ohio Right to Life PAC
- Ohio ProLife Action
- Ohio Pro-Life PAC
- Citizens for Community Values Action PAC
- Family First PAC
Two pro-gun groups have endorsed me so far:
- Buckeye Firearms (“A” rating)
- Ohio Gun PAC
Multiple business and industry groups have also endorsed my candidacy:
- Ohio Chamber of Commerce PAC
- National Federation of Independent Business – NFIB/Ohio
- Ohio Farm Bureau “Friend of Agriculture”
- The Ohio Society of CPAs
- Ohio Valley Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) PAC
- Ohio State Medical Association PAC
- Ohio Restaurant Association PAC
Other organizations that have endorsed and/or support my candidacy include:
- Ohioans for Educational Freedom
- Ohio Veterans United (They awarded me the “Highly Recommended” rating.)
I also have two media endorsements so far:
- The Clermont Post
- Weapons of Mass Discussion
To learn more, please visit my website at www.BeckerGOP.com. If you’d like to subscribe to The Becker Report, email me at [email protected] I’m asking for your vote on November 6th. I’m a conservative Republican and the candidate who is vetted, tested, and proven.